Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Make a Mallet (Shopnotes)

wrote:

Ok, I'll let you get away with that one. But, consider a significant
amount of the comments posted here in regards to the cheap crap that
floods into our North American market.

The demand for all the cheap **** has destroyed much of the quality
goods markets that made us great in the first place. All that's left
is for us to spiral down the drain. It's a slippery slope that there's
not turning back from, at least not as far as I can see.

I certainly agree with the thought Dave, but you've seen me post about
Harbor Freight. There's a lot of stuff that they sell that is just fine.
There's things I'd be afraid of buying but even that has changed over the
years. Used to be that I wouldn't buy anything with a motor from them and
now that's not true. Some of the stuff is cheap junk - can't escape that.
But - that doesn't paint the entire line of products. I too look for some
level of quality - I think we all do. But, I'm not going to pay 3 to 4
times as much for something that just isn't all that much better. The name
brand market has done a good job of marketing their names, and the quality
difference just isn't there in a lot of cases.

--

-Mike-