Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Hickock CRO-5000a

My buddy just picked one up in a deal. I can't seem to find anything on it. It is coming for me to check out and though a print would be nice, I don't even need that. I don't know if the thing is 5 Mhz, 50 Mhz or what. There is one on eBay (I think in the UK) for sale (for $359 !). From the picture it doesn't look like much but you never know. The ad, or one of the google hits indicate that it is solid state at least.

I nothing else it can become a component checker or something, or we can unload it cheap to a student, who might be able to learn something from it a bit easier than a new LCD job. Even an interested kid. I got my first scop when I was about 13 I think. It seemed like a truck in size, it was a Hickock coincidentally and with all that bulk it had a giant three inch scren I think ! If I remember correctly the graticule was glued on, like scotch tape with lines !

The technology was, well, defies words...

anyway, does anyone have any onfo on the CRO-5000a ? If it can be made to work easily I could spec it out, but if there are any problems that require a bunch of effort and/or money I would like to know if it is worth it. Evne a 5 Mhz can be used for some audio work...

Hell, I don't even lnow if it is triggered !

Any info is appreciated.