Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default OT, Oh Crap,Tempurpedic mattress'

The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

On 2/12/2014 8:21 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Oren wrote:
On Thu, 13 Feb 2014 00:03:06 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03
wrote:

Oren wrote:
On Tue, 11 Feb 2014 22:04:15 -0500, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

One of my sick friends sent me this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeNQhj73Koo

Why not Minot? "Freezin' is the reason!".

A dear friend was stationed at Minot AFB...he will dang sure
tell you in no uncertain terms why he hated it.

I spent a year at USCG LorSta Port Clarence, AK.

Back in the 70's when I got my orders I did a little research. I
found an article that said National Geographic considered Nome,
AK as the "end of civilization" in that part of the world.

Port Clarence is about 70 miles north-east of Nome i.e. beyond
the edge.

Grafenwöhr, Germany was the coldest place I've been too (Army).
Ice cycles the size of baseball bats hanging from the roof eaves.
If they fell they could stab you

Lived just west of Lake Placid, NY once. Being from the South, I
took the advice of the locals.

"Travel South until there is no more snow. Pull over on the side
of the road, drop the snow plow and continue South".

I love the Mojave Desert.

My daughter goes to school in Plattsburgh, NY, about 1.5 hours north
of Lake Placid. I keep track of the Plattsburgh weather by getting
texts from the ferry authority that runs the ferries that cross Lake
Champlain from Plattsburgh to Vermont. When I get a text that says
they are delayed, or worse - not running, I know it's bad where my
daughter is.

My wife and I found a nice old hotel in Lake Placid called The Pines.
They have a huge covered porch where you can eat dinner and listen to
a band on warm nights. When you're done you climb the stairs to your
room with the big tall bed, an old fashioned dresser and chair, like
back in the early 1900's. Cool place, no pun intended.

http://www.thepinesoflakeplacid.com/rooms.html

At least the bathroom looks modern. ^_^

TDD

Looks nice but lost me at the "stairs". Tempurpedic mattress' I
have one but would never buy another because if one weighs more
than a flea the edge breaks down. I am heavy but I know a
couple that are vegans and thin and they have had warranty
claims also

--
Tekkie