Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Fl murderer convicted in loud music

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message

They are talking about refiling the 1st degree charge. Since he was
already convicted, how is that not double jeopardy?

Hung jury on the one who was killed. The three attempted murder charges
covered the surviving three occupants. The jury did not acquit on murder
one or the lesser charges on the victim, they could not agree to a verdict.
Don't worry. Although the jury is mum for now, my J-prof assured me that 12
people can't keep a secret like that and so far he's been right. Someone
always talks.

Then we'll find out that there was at least one holdout who believed in the
magic shotgun theory.

Magic because Dunn's GF said he never mentioned it until long after the
shooting.

Magic because Dunn was drunk enough to not really know what he was seeing.

Magic because the occupants did not fire back with the alleged shotgun but
ran instead.

Magic because Dunn didn't bother reporting the incident and had to be
tracked down by the cops.

Magic because it was never found nor could the defense prove the occupants
ever owned or had access to a shotgun.

Magic because no corroboration of any kind exists for that story which
sounds like it came from the fertile mind of a defense attorney.

Too bad for him the magical story appears not to have worked on the other
charges of attempted murder.

They almost have to refile on the most serious charge because the jury DID
convict on the attempted murder counts. The state will no doubt refine its
case once the jurors start talking about the deliberations. For me it
hinges on how can a drunk or stoned person reasonable evaluate if his life
is in danger when his perception is legally impaired. We say it's illegal
to drive a car that could kill someone when impaired but don't question if
that impairment affects their decision to shoot someone. Eventually Florida
will refine its laws once enough of these cases occur.

The outstanding charge is really bad news for Dunn who could still be freed
if he wins at appeal. He could win on appeal but lose again on murder one
at a retrial. Frankly, I don't think he can win on appeal because the state
had some pretty big guns on the case.

Can't wait to see what happens to the man who was lethally defending himself
against a popcorn attack. Apparently like Dunn couldn't find another
parking space, the gun made it impossible for the popcorn killer to find
another seat. That's the well-known downside of letting every warm body (it
seems) carry a weapon. Shouting matches and fistfights now become
homicides - very expensive homicides. I can't imagine this will be cheap
for our fellow Floridians. Nor do imagine that these cases will stop as a
result of these two trials. The genie is out of the bottle.

--
Bobby G.