Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default Using snow blower in summer

DerbyDad03 writes:

nestork wrote:
I'm just wondering if running a snow blower in the summer would harm the
engine because of insufficient cooling? It seems to me that you have
much the same kind of Tecumseh or Briggs & Stratton engine on a snow
blower as you do on a rototiller.

I don't winterize or summerize any of my outdoor power equipment. Snow
blower, leaf blowers, lawn mower, trimmer, etc. Instead, I start them up
once a month and let them run until they've reached normal operating
temperature.

Once a month?

I don't do anything at all.
Stop using it in the fall, start it up in the spring.
I have a 2 cycle string trimmer that I sometimes don't start for a year or 2.
Starts fine when I want to use it.
Who makes up these time wasting rules?

--
Dan Espen