Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gasoline Storage: Zoning?

On 2/18/2014 7:29 PM, 0ren wrote:

I hate storing large quantities of gasoline but until the EPA and NFPA
can keep my electric power on after a thunderstorm, I'll store as much
gasoline as I need for the generator.

Over the last 10 years, our electric service has become pathetic.

How long do the outages average? And how much
gasoline is needed? I've been fortunate,
my part of NYS hasn't had frequent power cuts.

If you have power out that often, have you
considered a whole house generator that runs
off diesel (you can use fuel oil for that)
or natural gas. They cost more, but every
thing in life is a trade off.

--
..
Christopher A. Young