Mel

Default Capacitor-Run or Cap-Start motor for a Jointer?

Hi folks,

I've just bought an old 3 phase 9" Jointer and need to obtain a
suitable 240 Volt (UK) single phase motor.

Which type of induction motor would normally be fitted to a
9" Jointer, Capacitor start, Capacitor run, or Cap start and run?
Also what output HP would you recommend?

Capacitor run motors seem to be readily available and the cheapest,
but would they have enough starting torque to spin up a 4" diameter
cutter block (only twin bladed unfortunately).

I'm currently thinking about ordering a 2HP output Cap-start
one from www.NorthernToolUK.com

http://www.northerntooluk.com/produc...85&x=0&h=5&g=4

I tried to order a cap-start and run from Axminster,
but oddly they only do one that runs in the wrong (clockwise).

Thanks,

Mel