Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John B.[_3_] John B.[_3_] is offline

Default Catalina Capri 25 - $4000 (Annapolis)

On Tue, 18 Feb 2014 10:23:55 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Gee Gunner another bargain.

Catalina Capri 25 - $4000 (Annapolis)
© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
Will post pictures soon.

This 1980 Capri 25 is in wonderful condition, always dry-sailed,

Dry-sailed??? Is that a nautical term? Means what? Never went in the
water?

lightly used.

very likely, if it was "dry-sailed.

Red hull, white bottom, with typical Capri stripping. Topside decks
showing some normal wear - I have the Kiwigrip to redo the non-skid
but never got around to it (e.g. this is only a cosmetic issue, not a
maintenance isues).

A cosmetic feature? I've always thought anti-skid on boat decks to be
a fairly important safety feature.

New topside paint (Epifanes Monourethane) this past summer, and bottom
repainted a few years ago with VC Performance shows no signs of wear.

amazing, no sign of wear. Maybe from the dry-sailing?

Recent synthetic rigging...very cool. Boom-kicker. Original black
anodixed mast/boom in good condition. Spin Pole. Ready to beer can
race with great results.
2-axle Trail-rite trailer with recent brake service, though tires need
replacement.
4hp Johnson, a 80's vintage 2-cycle twin that is a real champ, and
lightweight.

Yup, a 25 year old outboard. Can you still get parts for Johnson
motors?

This boat has demonstrated great performance beer can racing, and
being lightly used isn't living up to full potential...is ready to
sail now. Can be viewed at EYC (only red boat there).
Price above includes the follwing servicable sail inventory: excellent
condition UK dacron loose-fotted main (race-ready), original fair
condition 155% and %130 (I used these to practice), good condition
NuClear ~135%, good condition Pentex 155%, very good .5oz spinnaker,
very good .75oz spinnaker, and a very good daisy staysail.
I have a couple other "essentially new" club racing sails that can be
priced seperately.

http://annapolis.craigslist.org/boa/4338887463.html

--
Cheers,