Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Excited

On 2014-02-17, Karl Townsend wrote:
I got a bit excited this morning...

I was torching an old PTO knuckle off a gearbox I'm salvaging to use
on my new strawberry plant digger. The aceteline line laid in a pile
of slag and burned a hole in the line. Made a three foot flaming wild
snake.

Wouldn't have been half as scary but I was working inside cause its so
f#$%ing cold outside.

In a related story, I was on fire last week.

My Wal-Mart hoodie, that I was wearing, ignited from welding. I did
not see it because I was welding in a helmet. At some point I thought
that I was awfully warm on the left side. Looked and saw
fire. Extinguished it no problem.

Years ago, my buddy asked for a light for a smoke so I lit my zippo and
tossed it to him. He was wearing a flannel shirt with a lot of fuzz on
it that caught fire and encompassed the shirt in a second or two. We
both needed new underwear after that and I never repeated THAT stupid
act again.