Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fl murderer convicted in loud music

On Monday, February 17, 2014 2:19:52 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 17 Feb 2014 08:43:20 -0800 (PST), "

wrote:

He shot a gun in commission of a felony and someone was hit. That is

the test.

But he was *not* convicted of hitting anyone. He was convicted of

3 counts of attempted murder for the other 3 occupants of the car.

The jusry deadlocked on the more serious charge.

So, if it requires someone to be hit, no one was hit in the crimes he was convicted of. And if it's 25 years, why aren't we seing that number

anywhere else. The most I see is 20 X 3, with the possbility that

since he is a first time offender, they could be served concurrently.

GUILTY - Counts 2, 3, 4,: Attempted Murder, Second Degree

GUILTY - Count 5: Shooting or Throwing Deadly Missile

Firing the weapon (Count 5), Mandatory, consecutive to the other

convictions. Regardless if he missed or injured a person.

The guy is toast. The 10-20-Like law - "Use A Gun And You're Done".

"...Dunn is now scheduled to have a sentencing hearing the week of

March 24. He faces a potential 105 years in prison on the four

convictions, and under Florida’s minimum mandatory laws must be

sentenced to at least 60 years."

http://members.jacksonville.com/news/crime/2014-02-15/story/dunn-guilty-attempted-murder-hung-jury-murder-jordan-davis

Oh, this is the same State Attorney Angela Corey - her district.

I read that article. If you google you'll find a lot of other
papers saying that 60 years is not mandatory, just that he faces
up to that, etc. What I agree is
mandatory is the 20 years for the use of a gun, that you cite above.
There are papers saying that the other terms for the crime could run
concurrently with each other, depending on the judge. So from
what I see the judge could give him 20 years for each of the attempted
murders and have those run concurrently. What would a similar person,
only convicted of attempted murder get in FL get for the attempted
murder charge? IDK, but I'd be surprised if it was more than 20 years
total for the attempted murders that were all part of one brief event.
So, by my math, I could see a sentence of 20
for the crimes plus 20 for the 10-20 law, which is 40 years.
That's essentially life, so while we differ in the details, the
result is the same.