Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Excited

Sounds like a new sensor project is needed. Spectral lines of low heat
trigger it while welding temp Spectral lines won't. Discrimination
gate... :-)

Over head shower dump if excessive volume of that temp.

Martin :-)

On 2014-02-17, Karl Townsend wrote:
I got a bit excited this morning...

I was torching an old PTO knuckle off a gearbox I'm salvaging to use
on my new strawberry plant digger. The aceteline line laid in a pile
of slag and burned a hole in the line. Made a three foot flaming wild
snake.

Wouldn't have been half as scary but I was working inside cause its so
f#$%ing cold outside.

In a related story, I was on fire last week.

My Wal-Mart hoodie, that I was wearing, ignited from welding. I did
not see it because I was welding in a helmet. At some point I thought
that I was awfully warm on the left side. Looked and saw
fire. Extinguished it no problem.