Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Klaatu Klaatu is offline

Default IR V visible red and PVR remotes.

"T i m" wrote in message
Hi All,

We have recently gained a second set top box / personal video recorder
and they are both (technically) the same. The problem then is the two
remotes affect both units (as they are used independently).

Now, I was wondering if I was to replace one remote TX LED with a
visible red LED and possibly put a visible red optical grade filter
over the matching STB, would / should that be enough to isolate the
two systems?

The visible red system is used very close so range shouldn't be a
problem.

Would I also need a IR 'pass' filter on the IR remote and STB to
filter out any of the visible red signals?

Failing that (or the use of some polarising filters which I've got but
don't want to cut up if there is a technical reason why it won't work)
I could just make one remote 'wired' by putting the TX LED inside the
actual STB.

Thanks for your time etc. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

p.s. These are Topfield TF58000PVRs and whilst I think there are some
taps that are supposed to allow some sort of dual use, I've not worked
out what is required and it looks like you would need a second remote
(and to re program it) in any case.

And the owners manual or Google don't come up with anything about changing
the remote address?

---