Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Adrian C Adrian C is offline

Default IR V visible red and PVR remotes.

On 17/02/2014 10:41, T i m wrote:
Hi All,

We have recently gained a second set top box / personal video recorder
and they are both (technically) the same. The problem then is the two
remotes affect both units (as they are used independently).

Now, I was wondering if I was to replace one remote TX LED with a
visible red LED and possibly put a visible red optical grade filter
over the matching STB, would / should that be enough to isolate the
two systems?

You could build a very small and cheap single transistor radio TX/RX
channel for one of the remotes, replacing the optics?

Or similar with ultrasonic transducers?

--
Adrian C