Posted to sci.electronics.repair
T i m T i m is offline

Default Bet the arsehole has big gaps between his front teeth

On Tue, 18 Feb 2014 00:14:31 +1100, "Phil Allison"
wrote:

snip BS and bluster

It doesn't matter that you neither understand the question or have a
solution Phil.

** But I do get the question.

If I knew how to make visible red LEDs work for remote control of domestic
appliances - the very last thing I would do is post that info on usenet or
anywhere else.

Cos it would be worth a fortune.

You are way too late mate:

http://news.cnet.com/2300-11386_3-10012385.html

It matters not (in principal) if the light source was an incandescent
lamp or an LED. The only thing an incandescent lamp would do is limit
the frequency of any coding due to the thermal mass of the filament.

Oh, and 'remote control' using visible light has be used for centuries
(beacons, Aldis lamps etc).

You are very welcome. ;-)

Cheers, T i m