Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Bet the arsehole has big gaps between his front teeth

"T i m"

( snip reinstated )

** Bet this arsehole has big gaps between his front teeth.

We have recently gained a second set top box / personal video recorder
and they are both (technically) the same. The problem then is the two
remotes affect both units (as they are used independently).

Now, I was wondering if I was to replace one remote TX LED with a
visible red LED and possibly put a visible red optical grade filter
over the matching STB, would / should that be enough to isolate the
two systems?

** Are you " having a laugh " ??

No?

Remotes are all IR for damn good reasons.

And that would be?

I notice there is no answer offered?

** None required.

You can look it all up with Google.

So, are you suggesting it's totally impossibly to have a remote
controller using visible light

** Care to point one such out to us?

That wasn't my question or point.

** You posted had no real question or point.

The total lack of examples in support of you half baked notion is
conspicuous.

BTW:

Impossible is not the issue - impractical is.

Because?

** FFS go look it up - you tedious, steaming great ****head .

I still see no actual facts being offered here?

** I see no reason to waste pearls on a pig.

It doesn't matter that you neither understand the question or have a
solution Phil.

** But I do get the question.

If I knew how to make visible red LEDs work for remote control of domestic
appliances - the very last thing I would do is post that info on usenet or
anywhere else.

Cos it would be worth a fortune.

BTW

**** you.