Posted to sci.electronics.repair
T i m T i m is offline

Default IR V visible red and PVR remotes.

On Mon, 17 Feb 2014 22:33:46 +1100, "Phil Allison"
wrote:

"T i m"

We have recently gained a second set top box / personal video recorder
and they are both (technically) the same. The problem then is the two
remotes affect both units (as they are used independently).

Now, I was wondering if I was to replace one remote TX LED with a
visible red LED and possibly put a visible red optical grade filter
over the matching STB, would / should that be enough to isolate the
two systems?

** Are you " having a laugh " ??

No?

Remotes are all IR for damn good reasons.

And that would be?

So, are you suggesting it's totally impossibly to have a remote
controller using visible light ... or even using an audible 'click'
for that matter? ;-)

Cheers, T i m