Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default IR V visible red and PVR remotes.

"T i m"

We have recently gained a second set top box / personal video recorder
and they are both (technically) the same. The problem then is the two
remotes affect both units (as they are used independently).

Now, I was wondering if I was to replace one remote TX LED with a
visible red LED and possibly put a visible red optical grade filter
over the matching STB, would / should that be enough to isolate the
two systems?

** Are you " having a laugh " ??

Remotes are all IR for damn good reasons.

..... Phil