Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable) Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable) is offline

Default I bought eight semi trailers today

On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 21:25:46 -0600, Ignoramus10337

On 2014-02-15, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 06:05:18 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Gunner Asch fired this volley in
news
Dont know much about industrial food handling equipment do you...?

Gunner

Obviously, the equipment isn't in such a condition that it is worth
anything, or nobody in that area wants to buy old, questionable food
processing equipment... mmmm?

Perhaps he was thinking the stuff Ig just demoed could be used to
offload the metal?

Guys, I assume that you were not inside those semi trailers full of
hoarded food equipment.

I was in there and looked at them.

It is my opinion that most of those machines are broken and missing
parts.

Then they might be worth a little for a guy that has an old bakery
with a bunch of those machines, and the Maker is long gone.

But if someone is investing the money to build a large production
bakery or other food factory, he isn't going to take a flyer on buying
large quantities of used gear unless he's got a stellar maintenance
team.

If he isn't actively marketing them /and/ regularly getting buyers for
them and shipping them out, he's got a pile of Scrap.

The fun part is seeing if he can make more money selling them all
As-Is, or whether a small investment of a Mechanic getting them all
fixed and certified Ready To Run will get him enough added sales and
increased prices to pay for it.

It's like those Flatbed Trailers you bought - a few of them might be
good enough to bother Painting and fixing up, and selling as usable
trailers. Others will be rusted through, tramped out axles, and ready
for scrap - just have to figure out which is which.

-- Bruce --