dave in fairfax

Default Harbor Freight 3x21" belt sander (short review)

patrick conroy wrote:
I'm there. I've got about six doors, in the basement that need planing. To
keep the time investment down, I'm looking at a powered approach: a small
power planer. I need to be done with all six in about an hour. Not skilled
enough to use a plane. Don't want the fine dust from a belt sander hanging
around.

You may find that a hand planer leaves a groove at the edge of the
cut on one side or the other. Overlapping maynot remove the
problem. A #7 or #8 will the job without the groove.
YMMV
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader