patrick conroy

Default Harbor Freight 3x21" belt sander (short review)

"Joe Emenaker" wrote in message
om...

And, keep in mind that I'm one of thsoe who normally turns his nose up
at HF as well as the rest of us. My bandsaw and jointer are Delta, my
air cleaner is Jet, my biscuit joiner, jigsaw, and cordless drills are
DeWalt and my router and sanders are PC. So, I usually lean toward the
"good stuff". But I really can't find any way to convince myself that
my money would have been better spent on a premier sander when
compared to this one which costs me less than a tank of gas.

My two cents, anyway...

I'm there. I've got about six doors, in the basement that need planing. To
keep the time investment down, I'm looking at a powered approach: a small
power planer. I need to be done with all six in about an hour. Not skilled
enough to use a plane. Don't want the fine dust from a belt sander hanging
around.

Can't see how I'd ever use this machine after I'm done with the doors. No
way I'll pop for the Makita, DeWalt, PC, etc. Black and Decker for $50 -
mebbe. HF for $20 and I'm there. It's worth the gamble, to me.