Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.cellular.t-mobile,sci.electronics.repair
Olaf Schmitt Olaf Schmitt is offline

Default Does this T-Mobile/LG smartphone carrier unlock code ever expire?

Am 15.02.2014 23:04, schrieb Judy Miller:
Do carrier unlock codes expire?

I received the message below from T-Mobile containing
the procedure to unlock my kid's cellphone.

I can email that procedure to the kid, who is away for a
few months, but the kid sometimes messes things up, and it
says that you can destroy the phone if you do it wrong.

If I wait, the kid will be back in a few months.

Do you know if these carrier unlock instructions expire?

FROM: AR Notification
SUBJECT: T-Mobile Sim Unlock Notification 2125688898
T-Mobile Sim Unlock Request
Sim Unlock Reference: 6493322
IMEI: 023447039850033

Unlock Code: 5398328494192082

Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile.
Below you will see the Instructions for unlocking your LG device.

NOTE: If you receive an error message while performing the instructions
below, stop. Please be aware that if an excessive amount of incorrect
attempts are made, the phone will be permanently locked.

1. Insert T-Mobile or Non T-Mobile SIM card in to the device.
2. Tap the Dialer
3. Enter 2945#*659#
4. Selct Network Lock
5. Enter in the unlock code
7. Click done
8. Click unlock

The phone should display "Network Unlock"
Thank You,
Customer Service
T-Mobile USA, Inc.

Look at this: