ray

Default quality of miters from inexpensive power saws

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 16:33:18 +0000, ray wrote:

Hey, I never thought about a 45 degree sled, but I bet if I put a little
thought into it, I could come up with a sled that would have adjustable
integral stop blocks so I could make a lot of duplicate cuts.

Okay, that was dumb of me. I guess the sides would have to be crosscut to
length before mitering, wouldn't they? Has anyone seen the 45 degree jig
described in Ian Kirby's table saw book? I saw a mention of it in a
google of the newsgroup, but the local libraries don't seem to have a copy.