Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Solidworks anyone?

robobass on Sat, 15 Feb 2014 04:16:10
-0800 (PST) typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
I just attended a Demo/hands on seminar yesterday in Germany. The thing is amazing. It is not only super user friendly, but you can do all kinds of stuff, from calculating mass, volume, and strength, to super realistic rendering. All for a price I can't afford! My last CadCam program was Bobcad 17. Things have evolved. This seems like a very serious option for people in industry, but I am a sole proprietor. I am looking at a tabletop trammel based 3 axis CNC mill to reduce the outsourcing costs I'm now paying. Can anyone recommend a software package which would have decent surfacing capability and be easy to use in the under 2k range?

Try getting a quote on a seat for Catia.
--
pyotr filipivich