Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ryobi RE600 3 1/4 HP router???

What 746 * 5 is about 3720 watts - 35 amps ? Need a 40 amp breaker at
least. Martin

On 2/15/2014 8:38 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 23:24:19 +0000 (UTC), Larry Blanchard
wrote:

On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 11:28:11 -0800, whlancaster wrote:

Does anyone have any experience with the RYOBI RE600 Router???????

I've had one for years.Works great in a table, but a little heavy for
hand held use. I use my DeWalt for that.

+1

I also have one in a table (lift). I must have bought it in the '80s
but it works well. I does have a soft start that helps but you're
right, it's *much* too heavy for me to feel safe moosing it around.

If you really need all that power and can find one for a good price, I
think you'll like it.

For a table, yes. I'd think long and hard before buying a beast like
that for hand work. I don't see much point in the large Festool,
either (but don't tell Leon).

You do realize you can't get 3hp from a 115V circuit :-).

You mean my Craftsman shop vac isn't 5HP? Really? It says so right on
the label. They can't lie about things like that, can they? ;-)