Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default OT Network routers with security flaw

On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 20:44:17 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 2/15/2014 12:13 PM, Oren wrote:
15 routers are listed.

http://www.komando.com/cool-sites/8497/does-your-router-have-this-huge-security-flaw

"... it’s crucial that you update the firmware..."

I knew there was a manufacturers back door in the damn things when I
called one of them for tech support and the gal in India said she could
see my router and set it up if I gave her a credit card number. The
Chinese have been found to be manufacturing back doors into the fraking
IC chips used by most manufacturers all over the world to build the
network routers and managed switches. I'll bet any IC chip foundries in
the U.S. have government orders to build a back door into the data
network and industrial control chips they manufacture. There are all the
secret rooms in telephone/data central stations containing the
government taps into the wired and fiber optic networks all over the
country which illustrates the ends government will go to to spy on
everyone, not just terrorists. It's ironic that citizens who oppose
government misconduct are suddenly labeled as terrorists. o_O

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ication_plants

http://electroiq.com/blog/2012/08/to...dries-of-2012/

TDD

Back some years ago I watched a show about military Black Op's. It was
inferred that HP printers, at the request of the feds, placed devices
in printers that sent beacons, possibly to satellites.

Jet fighters could find the government buildings in the war with those
printers and discern them for guided bombings. Saved milk factories
and civilian areas.

The Feds have wanted back doors for years. Even in encryption.