Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.cellular.t-mobile,sci.electronics.repair
tlvp tlvp is offline

Default Does this T-Mobile/LG smartphone carrier unlock code ever expire?

On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 23:20:38 +0000 (UTC), Judy Miller wrote:

On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 23:42:59 +0100, Machiel de Wit wrote:

Are you serious? Then you better cancel your message.
Not only never expires de unlock code, you make it posible to kidnap
it, due sending all the codes free into the whole world

I do not understand.
I assumed that the code I received is ONLY for my phone.
So, what good would that unlock code be for someone with a different phone?

You are quite right: the unlock code is specific to the one handset in the
world with the IMEI that your phone bears. Moreover, the procedure the
email describes -- the "instructions for unlocking your LG device" -- are
specific to your particular model of LG phone. Motorolas, Nokias, etc.,
have unlock codes of different lengths, and unlock instructions of
different character.

Finally, as a general rule, unlock codes -- and unlock instructions -- are
good until used -- and beyond (one Motorola phone I had gotten unlock
instructions for -- and successfully unlocked -- mysteriously got itself
re-locked again when I put in a new carrier's SIM card -- fortunately, I
still had access to the old unlock instructions, applied them, and Presto!
the phone was unlocked once again :-) .

So don't lose that unlock instruction email :-) ! HTH. Cheers, -- tlvp