Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Phase Linear 400 output transistors

The B-E resistor really makes no difference since the amp has a 10 ohm
across it anyway.

** It does if you mix up devices.

One little thing I was thinking of doing is to build a little protection
circuit for such amps. At these power levels a I could use the NC contacts
of a relay, use a couple resistors and a cap to filter out DC and rectify it
to operate the relay and possibly save the woofers.

** The relay contacts will arc and burn soon as they open under a DC fault.

..... Phil