ray

Default quality of miters from inexpensive power saws

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 08:45:09 -0700, bridger wrote:

I'd probably end up doing it on the table saw with a sled. if you have
a way to quickly and accurately set the bevel to 45 and back run the
stock flat on the table. if not build a 45 degree sled.

Hey, I never thought about a 45 degree sled, but I bet if I put a little
thought into it, I could come up with a sled that would have adjustable
integral stop blocks so I could make a lot of duplicate cuts. Does anyone
know of a source for a good 45 degree sled design? I'm guessing you'd
need a ramp on either side of the blade so you could cut miters on the
same side of the stock. That would allow you to pre-rout dadoes and
roundovers and then cut the miters. Probably be faster and safer than
routing little pieces after the miters were cut.

Thanks for the thought!