Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default 15 minutes or more for draining

novel wrote:
A few years ago I had bath Fitters install a complete acrylic wall and
tub over my outdated blue tub. As the installer was messing around the
drain area, which was exactly over the old area with the same drain, I
had some bad vibes that draining may become a problem, but I let it go
thinking well they must know what they are doing. sure enough I had no
problem till this year when I take a showwer it seems to take forever to
drain. Now there is no long hair involved which is known for screwing up
drainage especially in a shower. I can;t use a snake or a plunger, i
tried. It has a round escutcheon above the drain...never messed around
with such a drain...I suspect there is a connection to that drain from
that area. Anyone know how it works, so i can get easier way of snaking
or even use a plunger..i need to get the top cover off that drain.

A picture of the drain cover would help. Post it at a picture hosting site
e.g. PhotoBucket and then post a link here.

Is there access to the drain from outside the bathroom, either in a hallway
or from underneath?