Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Economy so bad in the USA - even bee hives get stolen!

On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 21:20:15 +0100, nestork
wrote:

For years I had a couple of tenants staying in one of my apartments.

They were from El Salvadore. He was a heavy equipment mechanic and she
was a registered nurse. They were both making good money.

But, every year they applied for a free Christmas food hamper, which
included a frozen turkey for their Christmas meal.

People from other countries just don't get the "it's only there for
those who need it" philosophy. They figure if it's free, everyone else
is going to ask for it, so why shouldn't they.

Not just from other countries. Plenty of home grown take advantage of
that sort of thing.

People think it is OK to take "free" things as long as it is not their
money or their families getting imposed on. People think it is OK to
evade taxes because it is not like stealing, even though the rest of
us must pay more. Big companies make a lot of money so it is OK to
take advantage of them too. Padding insurance claims is acceptable,
after all, we've paid lots of premiums.

I'm sure you have tenants that abuse utilities, appliances, whatever,
because the landlord is making a lot of money from them.