Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GFCI outlets

On Friday, February 14, 2014 11:15:13 PM UTC-5, Gz wrote:
wrote:

Is it ok to make each outle tin a GFCI circuit have its own GFCI outlet?

When my house was built, one GFCI outlet in one bathroom protects the

outlets in three bathrooms, so If it trips, the other outlets go out. I

assume there is not a disadvantage other than cost to have each bathroom

have its own GFCI outlet even if it is on the same circuit?

3 hair dryers would work nice on one GFI one breaker.

Greg

I agree that it would be a good idea to have more than one circuit.
I suggested that he consider the option of running a new circuit.
But what he has, with non-GFCI receptacles is apparently working.
At least he's not complaining about it. Changing them to be on
separate GFCIs doesn't make any difference with regard to the possibility
of the load of 3 hair dryers. Nor is there a safety hazard, as long
as the circuit has the proper size breaker.