Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Dado repair... good idea.

On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 16:01:01 -0600, -MIKE-
wrote:

On 2/14/14, 12:34 PM, woodchucker wrote:
On 2/14/2014 1:22 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 2/14/14, 11:08 AM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 10:12:22 -0600, -MIKE- wrote:

I would speculate that you're actually getting close to the
same amount of product with the tube of wax than the aerosol
can.

Not only that, but those other products are *slippery*! The
exact opposite of what is wanted in this case.

Exactly. I don't get his post at all.

I was merely referring to the advice given by others on products.

How easy would it be to spread and buff out the bow wax? Seem like
bees wax, as bees wax always seems sticky in raw form.

Seems like? I don't think "seems like" is relevant to this discussion.

You don't buff it out. It's pretty darn easy to rub that tube up and
down my sticks a few times. You could do the same thing to the side of a
saw blade in about ten seconds. No need to spread or buff. It would
only need to be in contact with a small percentage of the blades,
anyway. He's trying to stop the blades from slipping. This is an
uncommon problem and it would take very little *added* friction to solve
it.

You would need to spread it if you want full coverage to prevent rust
- which was, let's face it, the FIRST thing he was trying to
accomplish. A few strokes of the wax stick is NOT going to prevent the
blade from rusting.

The real point, however, is that this isn't a lube. He wanted something
to prevent rust that wasn't a lubricant. This is the only product of
all of those that meets those requirements.