Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Help with desk!

On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 03:19:00 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"Dan Espen" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" writes:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
On 2/13/2014 3:25 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

Ha! Mail order. I did call them initially when I thought some parts
were missing. Now due to a comedy of errors, I have two extra sets of
those parts. They weren't missing. They were sitting on my old
computer desk. No clue how they got there as I don't remember doing
that
at all and they were sitting very visibly on top for a good three weeks
until I found them there. Store eventually did help me but only after
contacted the company myself. Initially they wanted me to box it up
and
ship it back via UPS. I was not willing to do that. And I doubt they
would or could do anything now as it has been 5-6 months. They can't
fix it and if they could do anything at all, it would be to replace it
with another. And it would be no better.

I'd ask a the hardware store, maybe you can find
a handyman who is near to you, and can work on this
kind of thing. Sounds like the group's collective
wisdom is letting you down.

Might check with the shop teachers at the local high
school. Perhaps one of the shop nerds can help?

Thanks! Only handymen I know of charge $250 minimum and I don't think
our high school has a shop. Guess I'll keep taping it.

As I understood it, the mouse tray is no good.
Can you put a wider tray on the keyboard tray?

Maybe construction adhesive would work better than
duct tape.

Is construction adhesive a glue? If so, then no. The one piece is totally
broken. And I can't change the tray.

If the broken piece is Styrene,butyrate, ABS or acrylic you may be
able to repair it with Ambroyd ProWeld. Won't make it any better than
the crap it was when you bought it though.. Mabee make a replacement
part out of wood - is it the actual mouse tray that is broken, or the
slide it fits into? If the tray - no problem. If the slide part, good
luck