Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default GFCI outlets

wrote:
Is it ok to make each outle tin a GFCI circuit have its own GFCI outlet? When my house was built, one GFCI outlet in one bathroom protects the outlets in three bathrooms, so If it trips, the other outlets go out. I assume there is not a disadvantage other than cost to have each bathroom have its own GFCI outlet even if it is on the same circuit?

Hi,
Economics, when my house was built in 1994 GFCI thing was pretty new.
One GFCI was shared like that. But other than testing it once in a while
it never really tripped. All I have to remember is it feeds more than
one bathroom. Like wise exterior outlets are wired like that. Over time
I added few more GFCI with indicator LED which is more convenient.