Posted to alt.home.repair
RobertMacy RobertMacy is offline

Default Economy so bad in the USA - even bee hives get stolen!

On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 07:55:19 -0700, philo* wrote:

...snip...

Obviously you do not live in the US so I might was well fill you in on
the true situation here.

Though your news reports mention that there are a lot of poor people
here...an American is considered poor if they merely own one or two cars
and have less than six TV sets.

The lowest caste of Americana are those unfortunate souls who in the
summer must use room air conditioners rather than "central air".

Now don't get me wrong, I would not doubt that some people over here do
have their servants steal bees from their neighbor's hives. But the poor
here are mostly classified as poor from an ethical standpoint.

Years ago, at a conference held in Europe regarding the increase in
homeless population, the US representative lamented how the US poor people
with no housing are now forced to live out of their cars. And another
country's representative, practically stuttered while incredulously
asking, "Your poor people own cars?"