Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill[_14_] Bill[_14_] is offline

Default My Toro 38025 Snowblower just stops spinning. Belts are tight.

On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 04:18:02 +0000, Mintroyale wrote:

My Toro 38025 Snowblower just stops spinning. The belts are tight and
good. I checked the belts because that is the most likely problem. This is
the first time I used it this year and it was going great and then
stopped. I cleared the snow out and it kinda spins again, but when I put
it down and try to go through the snow - even very shallow light snow - it
stops spinning quickly. RichMint

My own Ariens has shear pins & I've broken a good number of them; but
looking up the parts diagram I found here (I'm not sure this is your
blower)

http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=toro_consumer&mn=38025%2C+1800+Power+Curve+Sno wthrower%2C+1994+%28SN+49000001-49999999%29&dn=3316-355-6_355001-0001

I did not see any shear pins.

If the diagram looks like your blower; I would look at the "rotor
coupler" #46 -- mabe that, or the rotor itself is messed up; so that
power is not being applied to the rotor like it should. I'd also check
that pulleys are not just spinning on their shafts - but are actually
able to drive the rotor. If everything is as it should be- maybe the
electric motor is not prodcing normal power under load?

I'm not a service tech, so I may just be blowing air.

--
Email address is a Spam trap.