Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Dado repair... good idea.

On Thu, 13 Feb 2014 19:51:33 -0500, woodchucker
wrote:

On 2/13/2014 7:32 PM, Dan Kozar wrote:
In article ,
woodchucker wrote:

I have a ridge carbide dado, I gave it back to them last year to redo,
the sizes were so far off I could not get close to 1/4 and the points
were coming through heavily.

I needed to use it and it was heavliy rusted. They probably never put a
rust preventitive on it after recutting the teeth. So I clean it up, and
after using it, I hate waxing dadoes because they slip while on the
arbor. But I had no choice, any rust preventitive was going to be a lube
too. So after lubing it, I started thinking how am I going to keep them
from spinning into each other.

Jeff,

I have used Dri Cote with no slipping problems for years. And have had
good luck with Top Cote on cast iron surfaces. However, I seem to recall
that they have changed their names, but should be easy to find in the
catalogs.

Thanks, but I already did the engraving. Seems like the knurling (a form
of) will do the trick. If I run into another situation I'll consider
them. Between all the stuff out there, it's hard to remember which does
what. Boeshield, topcote, dri cote, and others.

Bostick bought DriCote and renamed it BladeCote (TopCote is now
GlideCote). They're the "same thing" ("scare quotes" because some
believe they changed the formula). They seem to be much more
available these days, though if you buy on the Internet, watch the
shipping costs!