Posted to alt.home.repair
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default Help with desk!

"David L. Martel" wrote in message
Julie,

Didn't read your whole post, it's too long. Here's your first problem.
When you tighten some screws firmly they block part of thj mechanism.
Everything works ok when the screws are slightly slack but they then work
loose.
Ok, the screws area little too long. Take out the screw and head to the
hardware store. Buy a shorter screw. Now find some washers that fit your
screw. Now head home. Try the shorter screws. Fixed? If not take the old
screws and put a washer or two on them and try them. Fixed? If not we head
back to the store and buy Loctite thread cement. Get the Blue one, it's
medium strength. Use the glue on the threads and reassemble. When the glue
dries it should prevent the screws from slackening.
So, what's the next problem?

Dave M.

Thanks! But that's one problem I think I have fixed. Next problem is the
broken mouse pullout but I'm not going to type it all out again.