Lew Hodgett

Default New Yankee Workshop in Los Angeles/KCET

"Dave Mundt" writes:

That is a problem, actually, since the trend has been to CUT
funding for NPR, in spite of the fact that it is a drop in the bucket
of the flood of money that the Feds hose away.

snip a commentary from some one who appears to have an inside perspective

It is my understanding that it was the Nixon administration that tried to
cut funding because NPR was covering the Watergate hearings on a continuous
basis.

It is also my understanding that those who listen to public radio/television
basically split down the middle on a conservative/liberal mix.

IMHO, the executives of public broadcasting have lost the will to fight for
what I believe is the proper source of funding for their operations.

I don't know about your area, but here in SoCal, "begging" by public
stations seems to be their primary function.

40 years ago, Newton Minnow described broadcast television as a "vast
wasteland".

IMHO, it is still a valid observation.

Lew