Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John B.[_3_] John B.[_3_] is offline

Default Ok Electron heads...big question!

On Thu, 13 Feb 2014 02:14:22 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On 13 Feb 2014 04:11:16 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"
wrote:

The smaller, freshly revamped Ensenada 20 has a rope start 5hp with no
ability to charge, and thats the one I was pondering putting the
16volt battery unit in.
https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...602/Ensenada20

That is a link to photos of the boat. I'm more curious about
the battery, if it is being called a 16V battery. The normal lead-acid
batteries are about 2.2 V per cell, so with six cells, that is 13.2 V
(charged but not currently *being* charged.

The batteries have (4) cells each.

This is the battery in question. I thought they were Trojans..but I
just went out to look and these are the ones

http://www.powerstridebattery.com/de...e-battery-1330

They are for golf carts, aren't they? Or at least the local marina
has a couple of golf carts that use 8 volt batteries :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.