Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default OT, Oh Crap, Now We Have An Ice Storm On The Way

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message

stuff snipped

He said that every so often some guy would go out the North end... and
never be seen again.

Sounds a little like the tragedy that befell Robert Scott's expedition:

Oates knew he was suffering from severe frostbite in his feet, could not go
on, and did not want to slow the others down. On 17 March 1912, he left the
tent during a blizzard. His final words,written down by Scott, we 'I am
just going outside, and I may be some time'. He was never seen again. The
other three died in their tent during a blizzard at the end of March. They
were only 11 miles from the next food and fuel depot.

http://www.rmg.co.uk/explore/sea-and...-leaders/scott

--
Bobby G.