Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Magnetic door holders question

Adrian Tuddenham wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

All I've seen in use, use AC to prevent this problem.

...except that A.C. doesn't prevent it. I've seen enough stuck
contactors with A.C. coils to be quite certain of that.

They are not contactors. Some hold the door open for years between
operations. Contactors get beat to death by repeatedly slamming the pole
piece into the metal on the moving contacts.

You're comparing apples to water melons.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.