Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default Adding UPS to light circuit

philo* posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

On 02/12/2014 06:42 AM, wrote:
On Tue, 11 Feb 2014 22:51:03 -0500, Metspitzer
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Feb 2014 19:43:37 -0800 (PST), JIMMIE
wrote:

My house lighting is all LED total wattage with all on is less than 100 watts. What I want to do is to be able to connect my light circuits to the UPS during emergencies like this ice storm that is coming up. Not worried about heat or the fridge, I have gas heater backup and not enough in the fridge to worry about. Are there approved ways of connecting in the UPS that does not involve adding a transfer switch. I was thinking about doing this

with outlets and plugs so I could unplug the light circuit and plug it into the UPS.

Jimmie

That is an interesting question. What kind of UPS are you talking
about? The ones for computers only last for around an hour.

The CONSUMER units for computers only last about an hout. With
Extended Battery Packs they can last quite a bit longer, and the old
Best Power had a system that had a gas or deisel powered DC generator
that started when the batteries got low. They also made a unit for
emergency lighting that used the regular lighting system for emergency
lighting (roughly 1 light in 4 on the cabinet mounted UPS system)

Finally someone who knows about Best Power.

I still have one. I worked for a company that sold the units and even
visited the company to attend their training school.

Between the ferroresonant circuit and the hysteresis loop charging,
those things could not be beat.

What about the di-lithium crystals?

--
Tekkie