Posted to sci.electronics.repair
gareth magennis gareth magennis is offline

Default JCM2000 DSL100

"dave" wrote in message

On 02/12/2014 06:35 AM, Phil Allison wrote:
"dave the stinking ****"

I found this page that details the many problems techs have found with
these
Marshalls.

http://www.lynx.net/~jc/TSL122.html

Quote from Malcolm:

" I have just been visiting your web site and had a look at your
attempts
to deal with one of the most diabolical amps ever to see the light of
day.

My advice to anyone given one of these thing to fix - drop it like a
hot
potato and run in the opposite direction. These things were doomed the
moment they left the factory " .

Says it all really.

Or read the article you showed us, which doesn't really say to give up,

** Malcolm does not say that either, you stinking trolling moron.

.... Phil

I don't know Malcolm. The last couple letters are from someone else I
think. Or maybe not. It's not important. I've only had a couple of those
on my bench and aside from the general cheapness certainly no worse than
many other amps. Now I am in an arid climate 25.6 miles from the sea, so
that may be why I haven't noticed any 500 VDC HV peter tracks.

I've had a little bit more time to look at that web page now.

Seems to me about a lot of so called Engineers blowing their own trumpets
and becoming Superheroes for sorting it out.
But actually not really.

The first time I came across this problem, I was totally confused. What I
was seeing could not logically be happening.
I changed everything in the Output stage, but still the same symptoms.
Eventually I phoned Marshall, and spoke to one of their techs, who informed
me that yes, there was a problem with the PCB's, and yes, I should replace
it with a re-designed one.

All admitted by Marshall up front, job done, sorted.

Seems this problem is more about Ego's, than simply looking at the problem,
finding the solution, and implementing it at the least possible cost.

The best post on the site I found was this one, which kind of sums up what I
have experienced perfectly.

http://imageshack.com/a/img545/362/4pvn.jpg

Most everything else is all Me Me Me.