Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Magnastat soldering iron bits users in the UK , here?

On 12/02/2014 20:57, Adrian Tuddenham wrote:
N_Cook wrote:

I cannot find any major suppliers of these bits anymore in the UK,
despite the likes of RS selling magnastat irons.

Have the bits been removed from the RS catalogue recently? I bought
some about a year ago and they had a good selection listed then.

A lot of good stuff has dissapeared from RS in the last few years, but
most of it is still available from Farnell and their prices are
comparable. (e.g. A lot of the transistors from the ZTX range, good
quality 4mm plugs and sockets, plug-in DIL chips etc.)

It was about a year ago I checked on wwwRS and they carried the bits
then and also 24V heaters which I was actually checking for as the
heater on mine is perhaps 20 years old. Who wants to use 240V magnastat
irons in post_CMOS days, especially without stocking replacement bits,
they do stock those though.