Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bandsaw metrics

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

On 2/12/2014 10:20 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 12 Feb 2014 09:57:13 -0500, Greg Guarino
wrote:

On 2/11/2014 8:05 PM,
wrote:
On Tue, 11 Feb 2014 19:34:49 -0500, Jeff Thies
wrote:

On 2/10/2014 7:22 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 10 Feb 2014 16:12:48 -0500, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Greg Guarino wrote:
snip

Yeah, I have several adjustable wrenches, in both metric and
imperial sizes. Some are both metric and imperial size. ;-)

I know it's a joke, but I have exactly such a beast, with an SAE
scale on one side, and a metric on the other.

I was referring to the "8in" on one side and "300mm" on the other.
;-)

They probably have the scale on them too (pretty useless, so I
don't remember).

True. They're not nearly accurate enough. I set my adjustable
wrenches with a dial caliper before applying them to the nut.

;-)

How about just putting it on the nut and turning the knob until it
fits?

Because that is how they did it in the olden days.

Rather than welding, I prefer to Loctite my wrench to the nut. Once it
sets up, I can turn the nut without fear of the wrench slipping. When
the nut's finally tight, a few seconds with a propane torch takes the
wrench right off.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.