Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hrhofmann@sbcglobal.net is offline

Default Pavers or Tile over Asphalt Driveway?

On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 11:54:30 PM UTC-6, Guv Bob wrote:
Anybody ever laid down brick, tile, etc, over an asphalt driveway? Mine is good and solid with a few small cracks starting. No potholes yet. If I had the $$, I would tear it out and put down a brick one. Another thing about this is that the wonderful city here requires a permit for tearing out and laying down a new one. So I'm thinking about sealing it good and then laying down pavers or tile on top. The only thing out of the ordinary would be I will need to cut off 1/2-inch or so from the bottom of the garage door. And would have to dig out some asphalt where the driveway hits the sidewalk to match the level. Any idears, fellers?

You should have told us it was So CA in your original post, itwould have saved a lot of words. I would go for the bricks, just because that is a more common solution, and you might scare off some future buyers with tiles.