Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Gareth Magennis Gareth Magennis is offline

Default Phil Allison, lying content changing snipper

"Phil Allison" wrote in message
"Gareth Magennis = Stinking Liar"

In this case the problem may have been exacerbated by incorrect value
and possibly temperature co-efficient type of resistors fitted,

** Regular carbon film types were fitted to early examples and later
metal film - neither were the culprits.

The first and worst case I saw ( a TSL 122 ) used metal film types.

FYI, ****wit:

NTC resistors in the bias feed would have HELPED the problem.

In this case the problem may have been exacerbated by incorrect value and
possibly temperature co-efficient type of resistors fitted, if Phil's
link
is to be believed,

** Utter crap.

Some people who posted in that link HAVE worked out the real problem, ie
the PCB itself - but others ( having never seen anything like it before)
fell for red herrings.

Such a weird fault is bound to cause confusion among valve amp techs -
most
of whom are not very bright .

While other are complete ****wits - like you.

BTW:

Try learning Ohms Law you stinking pommy LIAR !!!!

NTC resistors in the bias feed would have HELPED the problem.

BTW2:

You drunk ?

You sure sound like you are.

... Phil

No Phil, I don't drink during the day at work, you can do as you please.

By the way, read my post again. You know, the one you snipped. It says:

In this case the problem may have been exacerbated by incorrect value and
possibly temperature co-efficient type of resistors fitted, if Phil's
link
is to be believed,

I never mentioned NTC resistors at all. I quickly read that page before
going to work this morning and merely re-iterated that Malcolm seemed to
think the wrong type had been fitted.

Which is exactly what I said.

You lying content changing ****wit.

Cheers,