Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Bandsaw metrics

On 2/12/2014 9:16 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Greg Guarino wrote:
On 2/11/2014 8:05 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 11 Feb 2014 19:34:49 -0500, Jeff Thies
wrote:

On 2/10/2014 7:22 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 10 Feb 2014 16:12:48 -0500, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Greg Guarino wrote:
snip

Yeah, I have several adjustable wrenches, in both metric and
imperial sizes. Some are both metric and imperial size. ;-)

I know it's a joke, but I have exactly such a beast, with an SAE
scale on one side, and a metric on the other.

I was referring to the "8in" on one side and "300mm" on the other.
;-) They probably have the scale on them too (pretty useless, so I don't
remember).

True. They're not nearly accurate enough. I set my adjustable wrenches
with a dial caliper before applying them to the nut.

Well - that's ok for you guys that call things good enough. For me - I do
the dial caliper thing, and then I hit the wrench with my mig welder to make
sure it won't move. Ya can never be too safe ya know...

Safer still, weld the adjustable wrench to the nut!