Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Adding UPS to light circuit

On 2/11/2014 10:43 PM, JIMMIE wrote:
My house lighting is all LED total wattage

with all on is less than 100 watts. What I
want to do is to be able to connect my light
circuits to the UPS during emergencies like
this ice storm that is coming up. Not worried
about heat or the fridge, I have gas heater
backup and not enough in the fridge to worry
about. Are there approved ways of connecting
in the UPS that does not involve adding a transfer
switch. I was thinking about doing this with
outlets and plugs so I could unplug the light
circuit and plug it into the UPS.

Jimmie

I like your concept. I would also like to keep
my own lights on during power cuts. My best
advice is to invest in a couple flashlights and
wick lamps and some bottles of ultra pure.
It will not be as convenient, but it will be
dependable and provide a bit of heat.

I've heard of people stringing Christmas lights
around the house, run off a UPS or battery and
inverter. provides a bit of light for walking
around.

--
..
Christopher A. Young